facebookrsspinterest

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Checking in at AA...I mean WW

Once again, I made an appearance at my WW meeting today. Every time I go, I feel like I'm checking into an AA meeting. "Hi. My name is Lori. I'm fat."

Well...today was no different. Stupidly...I weighed myself on my home scale. Honestly, this is plain torture. I don't know why I feel compelled to keep doing it. Maybe it's because I'm so OCD when it comes to this whole weight-loss challenge.

Anyway. I won't bore you with the ridiculous details of that morning drama. Instead, I'll just say that I lost 1.8 pounds this week. I'm now down a total of 11.8 pounds! While this is amazing...I still can't tell a difference. Well...that's not entirely true. I have noticed that I completely lost my ass. Seriously...it's gone. lol. Not that it was large to begin with, but my pants are now kind of just "hanging" in the back. And...I don't have to stuff my calf fat into my hooker boots when I zip them up anymore. WINNING!!!!!!!

So...today's topic was all about "nixing negativity". Kind of fit since I was all sorts of BENT due to the fact that my scale continues to give me false hope. Anyway. My leader challenged all of us to stop and write down one thing that we like about ourselves. She said that most of us might have trouble doing that while we are on the "weight loss journey". Um...really? Think that she has ever met me?!!!

Let me just say that I completely missed the modesty talk when I was a kid. I can completely compliment myself and talk about how awesome I am all day long! It's a complex...I think it's called "cocky". Not really sure where I picked that up at, but I've always been rather fond of myself. I mean really...I'm funny, I'm adorable, I'm smart (really...I have two degrees), I'm a great shopper, I'm funny....and the list goes on-and-on. lol. Hmmm....think that I might be overcompensating?

So, needless to say, I took her challenge and ran with it. Wow...that's about the only running that I plan on doing. Well...other than running my mouth - which is another very fine characteristic if I do say so myself. lol

Alright. Well, now that I have "exercised" my thoughts (and fingers), I'm outta here! That cupcake sitting on my desk isn't going to eat itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment