facebookrsspinterest

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

For the first time....

...in a long time, I finally noticed a difference in the way that I look and feel. Thank God! I was beginning to worry that I wasting my money. lol

On Monday, I got up and dressed for work like any typical day. I put on my black pants and my bright green button down shirt. I thought that my pants seemed a little bit looser than normal, so I put a belt on and ran out the door.

I did my thing at the office and by 10:00, I had to pee something fierce. And that's when I noticed it. I was washing my hands and looked up to check myself out. I was a complete disaster! My pants were too big, the butt was completely sagging, and I could have fit another person into my shirt! The fashionista was gone and was replace by some frumpy chick staring back at me!

I immediately tucked my shirt into my pants and it pulled me together more than what I was when I walked into the bathroom. Unfortunately, there was nothing that I could do about my pants hanging on my body.

When I got home, I did the unthinkable...I put on a pair of size 10 pants. I cringed at the thought. I mean, up until now, I haven't noticed a difference. To my pleasant surprise, those pants didn't really fit either! So I panicked! What in the hell was I going to wear to work on Tuesday? I obviously couldn't go in naked...wouldn't want to start a riot!

So Tuesday morning, I carefully slid into a pair of black dress pants that I haven't worn in about forever. They were a size 8 and I kept my eyes closed the whole time. When they buttoned...and zipped...easily, I opened my eyes and looked in the mirror. I couldn't believe it.

They actually fit and looked good.

A lot of people seem to think that this whole transformation is easy for me. It's not. I love food. I eat when I'm bored. I eat when I'm not hungry. I eat just to eat. However, I feel like I've made some sort of transformation over these past 13 weeks. I feel like I finally have a healthy relationship with food.

Now, don't get me wrong. I am totally vain and can admit it. I want to look and feel incredible for the first time in my life. Plus, I might also want to wear a bikini this summer. I haven't worn one since I was 7 and I'm pretty sure that I want to do it just once.

So as of today, I have lost 19.6 pounds. I've been trying to put that into perspective and this is what I found:






Can you believe that I have lost that giant glob of shit on the bottom of the shelf? Holy Toledo!


So with that in mind...I'm outtie! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. You serve as an incredible inspiration to me. You know what I'm up to these days, and it's a hard shift to become truly healthy. I seriously LOVE food and sitting on my butt watching tv, but...I love myself and my kids more. You are an example of success. Thank you for sharing your journey. XO!

    ReplyDelete