facebookrsspinterest

Thursday, April 5, 2012

What's my anchor?

Everybody has something that they anchor themselves to in order to get them through. It's funny, because that was the topic of yesterday's meeting. My leader held up a ceramic figurine of a scrappy puppy drinking out of a water bowl. Tad bit odd, but it reminded her of her Grandmother - one of the strongest women she knew.

While I find that to be completely heart felt and super sweet, I have to admit that my anchor is a little bit more selfishly trendy. lol.

I have a thing for shoes. Shocking right? I decided when I started this journey that for every 10 pounds that I lost, I would do something fabulous for myself. In my mind, that means that for every 10 pounds that I lose, I get a new pair of shoes!

I didn't buy a pair when I lost my first 10. I had a moment of clarity and decided that I should probably wait. Well...that didn't last too long. A few weeks ago I reach the 15 pound mark and bought myself a pair of hot pink cork wedges. I have to admit...they are pretty bad ass. And they make my looks look amazing. ;)

So this week I lost another two pounds! Yay me, right?! I'm officially down 18 pounds and am only two pounds away from reaching another milestone. Although I decided that I'm going to hold off on my next shoe purchase until I hit the 25 pound mark. That is a pretty significant milestone in WW and by that point, I'm going to need a new pair of Sperry's to get me through the summer.

So with 12 more pounds to go, I can totally see the end in sight. Here's to achieving those milestones and getting a few new pairs of killer heels in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment