facebookrsspinterest

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I'm building muscle! I'm building muscle!

...well, that's what I keep telling myself anyway.

Needless to say, the weigh-in was not in my favor today. It's amazing how you can do everything right and STILL manage to gain 1.3 pounds. It makes me want to scream. Oh wait...I already did that. Okay, okay. It makes me want to eat...not healthy shit. lol

I told myself today that my gain was because I'm incorporating more activity into my routine and that I'm building muscle. Yeah...that sounds about right. I mean, I'm active in Zumba once a week (which my legs look dyn-o-mite...btw) and I've started my training to run a 5K in July.

Speaking of training, I started Week 2/Day 1 yesterday. It's funny...I never thought that I would get into running. I hated it growing up. I mean, for a kid that only knew how to run her mouth, physical running was a horror that I only entertained in gym class. And to be honest, that was only becasue I had to do it.

Anyway. I digress - back to running.

I was actually surprised that my run went as well as it did. I felt like I moved faster, wasn't quite out of breath and maybe actually had the itch to pound the pavement. I know! Who am I?

In all honesty, it was a liberating moment.

Who knows...in eight weeks, I may actually be ready for my 5K. Let's hope that is the case. I'm dying to look like an Easter egg! Seriously...I am. :)

So...even though my week sucked horribly, I can only move forward from here. I will continue to eat healthy, pound the pavement and shake my ass. I'm also not going to beat myself up over gaining 1.3 pounds. After all...it was a holiday weekend, it was hotter than the third realm of Hell and most people retained enough water to be Stay Puff Marsmallow Man's twin.

With that said...here's to cooling temperatures and peeing out all of this retained water that my body thinks that I need to store. lol. Um...earth to my body...I'm NOT dying or cooking from the inside out. Let the water go! :)

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment