facebookrsspinterest

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Holy Hotness, Dees!

So...I don't do "before & after" pictures. I never want to see myself as the fat girl - I saw that my entire life. That's why I didn't take a picture of myself when I started this journey. As crazy as it sounds...I wish that I would have now.

Last Friday, I was surprised with a shopping trip to buy new clothes that fit my ever changing body. If you know me, you know that I HATE surprises. Fortunately, this one rocked. :)

Anyway. My whole goal was to buy a pair of pants that actually fit. I've jumped a few sizes within the past 16 weeks and things just don't fit well anymore. So...I asked the sales lady for a size 8 - black, bootcut pants. She said that they didn't have any and asked if I could squeeze into a size 6.

I have to admit - I kind of freaked out. I know that my new skinny jeans were a size 6, but I didn't really think that I was actually that size. I thought that it was a fluke.

So...once I was in the dressing room, I tried on these size 6 pants, skirt and a few tops. Come to my surprise, they fit - perfectly. I got a few tops in a size M and one in a size S. Um....what?!?! I've NEVER been a size S. Pretty sure that Hell froze over at that exact moment.

Anyway...I posted my new "half way there" shot on Facebook yesterday. I don't know what I was really expecting, but the positivity was completely overwhelming. Here's my shot -


While I'm excited to be able to see my transformation paying off, I feel like I kind of look like Dolly Parton in this picture. If I lose any more weight from my mid section, I might be too top heavy and topple over. lol

So with that I mind, I'll say that my weigh-in today was awesome. After maintaining my weight last week, I lost another 2.6 pounds this week - bringing my total to -23.8 pounds. Yay!

While I have a little bit more to go, this transformation has not only changed my body, but it has completely changed my perspective. Being hot isn't all about my body or my appearance...it's about taking control of my life and making those necessary changes that are going to set me up for success in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment