facebookrsspinterest

Thursday, July 5, 2012

What's on your playlist?

Has this week been a little nutty for you too? Oy! A day off during the middle of the work week is fabulous, but it makes returning to work on Thursday a friggin' nightmare!

Speaking of a day off...the fat farm was closed on Wednesday. Don't worry though, I received 22 emails stating that they were open the rest of the week and that I could check-in at a time convenient my schedule. Um...the day most convenient for my schedule is on Wednesday - my weigh-in day.

Apparently, they don't follow my calendar. Bummer.

Anyway, I checked-in at the farm on Monday. Super glad that I did because I lost 3.2 pounds! Can't imagine how much I would have lost if I would have waited the extra two days to check-in. lol. So my total loss thus far is 26.6 pounds.

Not sure what I did differently this week. Maybe I ate a little healthier, drank more water or got in an extra run. Whatever it was, it totally paid off on the scale.

Speaking of running...Color me Rad is in 16 days. I'm starting to freak out a bit. Actually...my freaking out began two weeks ago when I decided that I had to have a new pair of running shoes for the race. Then I needed to update my playlist. I mean seriously...those two items are incredibly important for a good run.

Unfortunately, both of my important items lead to sheer disaster. While running and listening to my awesome playlist (courtesy of my fabulous husband), I completely bit it on the track at the Y. What's even more embarrassing is the fact that there were about 15 guys playing on the basketball court below me when I went down. Can you believe that not ONE of them asked if I was okay? Assholes. So much for the Y trying to build courteous and caring members of society.

With that being said, I crawled off the track and rested for a bit. Then I got back up and finished my run - on the treadmill this time. My pride was too embarrassed to continue on the track. lol.

And don't worry...I took pics of the whole thing. Here they are:


                                    It all started with a new pair of Nike Free 4.0 running shoes


                                                                          Knee injury



                                                         This is what it looks like today


Needless to say, it still effing hurts and it's been a week since my knee met the track. I also had to get a new playlist. Can't keep running to stuff that makes me fall.

Here's my new list (just in case you need something new to download off iTunes):

Lori Running 2
  • Been Caught Stealing - Jane's Addiction
  • Big and Chunky - will.i.am
  • Bodhisattva Vow - Beastie Boys
  • Breathe - Fabulous
  • Bulletproof - La Roux
  • Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
  • Fall to Pieces - Velvet Revolver
  • Girls, Girls, Girls - Motley Crue
  • Good Feeling - Flo Rida
  • Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice
  • Jump - Van Halen
  • Move Bitch - Ludacris
  • Mr. Saxobeat - Alexandra Stan
  • Payphone - Maroon 5 ft. Whiz Khalifa
  • Breathe - Prodigy
  • Firestarter - Prodigy
  • Smack My Bitch Up - Prodigy
  • Red Alert - Basement Jaxx
  • Sabotage - Beastie Boys
  • Slither - Velvet Revolver
  • That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings
  • TiK ToK - Ke$ha
  • Where's Your Head At - Basement Jaxx
  • Sexy Bitch - David Guetta
  • Memories - Kid Cudi
  • Imma Be - Black Eyed Peas
  • Sugar We're Going Down - Fall Out Boy
So now that you know what's on my playlist to get me motivated, what's on yours? Feel free to share - I'm always looking for a little motivation.

And on that note, I'm outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment