facebookrsspinterest

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Really??? Go calibrate your scale

As you may or may not already know, Wednesday's are my weigh-in days. Yesterday was the dreaded day.

To be honest, I'm going to take a minute to say that I did really well last week! I stuck to the plan, ate within my alotted points and even mangaed to work in a dance party! Unfortunately, my weight loss did not refelct my valiant effort.

When I stepped on the scale, the lady said, "You only lost .4 pounds." Um...really? I wanted to ask her when the last time she calibrated her scale because my scale (yes...the one that I hate)told me that I dropped at least a pound! After I stewed upon her statement throughout the day, I got to thinking...ONLY?!!!!! I lost weight and in my eyes, a loss is a loss. No matter what the amount.

So needless to say, the more I festered, the more angry I got at the whole situation.

So...I've decided to use our membership to the Y and go work out. The fam and I went on Tuesday and I totally kicked the elliptical machine's ass. So...I plan to own it again this evening. I guess baby steps to exercise and weight loss are really key. After all, the only work out that I really got on a daily basis was lifting my fork or spoon to my mouth! I wonder how many activity points I was missing out on by NOT calculating that action???? Hmm...food for thought.

And really...don't think that I'm going to get all crazy with the cheese whiz and start working out everyday. That's just silly talk. I'm sticking to something manageable - like going on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Let's keep our fingers crossed that I can keep up with that.

Until next time...I'm signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment