facebookrsspinterest

Monday, February 6, 2012

This hungry girl hosted a Super Bowl party!

Have you ever wondered how you were going to make it through a Super Bowl party without eating everything in front of you?! I had that same nightmare yesterday when started thinking about our "spread" for the big game.

We ended up making a few of our favorite things like taco dip and chicken wings (although I opted out of the fatty/deliciousness that was baking in my oven). We even added a few new things for the kiddos like macaroni and cheese and chicken nuggets. Now...I didn't have anough points in the week to even think about eating all of that. One cup of macaroni and cheese costs NINE POINTS! That's just crazy talk!

So instead of indulging on all of that awesomeness, I had my own little feast.

I lightened up the taco dip and made it with FF Sour Cream and FF cream cheese. I added the usual taco seasoning, lettuce, onions, tomoatos and black olives to top it all off (all of which were FREE points). So, for a 1/4 cup of taco dip, it only cost me two points! Not bad! I also purchased baked Tostito's. I could have 15 chips for three points.

I also made BBQ Chicken Nachos with the baked Tostitos. They were suprisingly good! I used 4 oz. of Totsitos, 1 can chicken in water, 1/2 cup bbq sauce, 1 cup FF shredded cheese and an onion. For 14 chips, it cost me eight points. A little bit more than what I actually wanted to pay, but they were pretty tasty, so it was well worth it.

I also ate a veggie corn dog from Morningstar Farms for four points. Have you ever tried one of these? OMG....heaven in my mouth! Seriously! It was so tasty and such a better option than a full fledge corn dog. Honestly, it tasted the exact same - minus the heavy points value.

To top it off, I ate fresh strawberries and pineapple too!

Needless to say, I think that I survived our Super Bowl get together. Now, if I can just survive the next two days until weigh-in, I think that I'll be alright.

Until then....I have to go eat something. I'm starving!

No comments:

Post a Comment