facebookrsspinterest

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Special Treat

I want to start off by saying that I totally rocked it this week! I'm not going to beat around the bush - I'm just going to come out and say it. I worked really hard, made good choices and it all paid off.

That's right folks....I lost 2.2 pounds this week! I'm so giddy that I'm shaking with excitement. And no...my sugar isn't low.

I started this journey four weeks ago and I've seen it really pay off - even though I had a plateau week last week. So far, my total weight loss is 8.2 pounds. Now, I'm a big fan of setting small, achievable goals. At the beginning, I set a 5% and 10% weight loss goal. If I say I want to loose 30 pounds, I'll sabatoge myself. Trust me...I am my own worst enemy.

So today, I reached my 5% weight loss goal of 8 pounds and earned myself a BIG 5% star to put in my tracker. Only 7.8 more pounds to go and I will have achieved my 10% goal. Hell, if I loose 1.8 pounds next week, I will have achieved my first 10 pounds and will get my blue ribbon of achievement. I know that it sounds silly, but these little tokens of accomplishment are really helping to motivate me!

Speaking of motivation, I'm super proud to say that Justin has started to do WW with me! He started his plan today and I am super proud of him for taking this step! Together, we will be able to achieve our goals! It's great to have such an incredible support system.

Anyway...I digressed...back to me! lol.

Along with this new "rockin' body", I'm doing a little bit of an overhaul this evening. You see, I haven't gotten a haircut in six months. I decided that I wanted to let it grow a bit. Well, I can tell you that the Carol Brady "shag" isn't a good look for me! So...I have a date this evening with a pair of scissors and a vast full of wax. And seriously people...I'm waxing the Mon-chi-chi's off my grill. No need to start thinking crazy thoughts.

So as I close out this incredibly encouraging day, I'm going to treat myself to an hour of pampering because I know that I am worth it.

And seriously...eat your heart out Carol Brady!

No comments:

Post a Comment