facebookrsspinterest

Friday, January 27, 2012

The stomach bug

Who thought that it was a good idea to bring a stomach bug into our household? Well...there's no shame in my game. I'm going to blame Lucas since he is the one who told me that his stomach hurt yesterday.


Unfortunately, I think that I caught some tail piece of it yesterday. After getting home from work and picking up the babes, I felt like complete poo. Literally. You know I don't feel good when I don't eat dinner and go upstairs to lie down at 7:00 pm. It was just a bad evening.


On the bright side, I didn't use up any "banked" points for dinner! Woo hoo! I ate all of my 26 points yesterday by 4:00. My sugar was low so I had another delicious can of 7 UP, ate 12 points for lunch and was about to eat my desk at 3:30. Needless to say, I spent those points like it was going out of style. Guess it worked in my favor at the end of the day.


So...that leads me to today - Friday. I've done really well so far - I ate my yogurt and had a cup of green tea. I'm having subway for lunch and don't plan on snacking this afternoon. Which in theory...should leave me with enough points for dinner.


I'm trying hard to not dip into my "banked" points everyday. I feel like I need to save them for days when my sugar crashes. I just hate seeing my points dwindle. I start to panic. "OMG!!!! I only have 31 banked points to last me until next Tuesday!!!!" The logical side of my brain, which doesn't work that often, says, "Um....really Lori? You're ridiculous. You have 26 that you can eat every day. Make better decisions and you won't be wigging out when you carefully spend those extra few points."


Ugh. I hate logic. That's why I don't use it very often. It's totally not me or my style. I am more of an emotional thinker. I also think in bold colors, different patterns and visual space representation. Just like this:



Anyway. Enough about the way that I think.


Since my stomach is always on time, I think that I'll go feed Seymour. Here's to another day of changing my habits, fitting into my clothes better, and living the dream.


And by the way...only 356 more days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment