facebookrsspinterest

Thursday, November 1, 2012

30 Days of Thanks Starts Today!

It's November 1st and I am starting my "30 Days of Thanks". Far too often I take for granted all of the things that I am thankful and grateful for - it's part of the busy lifestyle that we have all grown accustomed too.
 
I find myself getting in the car and driving with the babes without checking my sugar first - just because I have faith that my sugars are fine. I complain that I have nothing to wear when I search for an outfit in my walk-in closet. I never worry about how I am going to put food on the table so that we can nourish our bodies with healthy food.
 
While I am thankful and grateful that I make it safe and sound to my destination, that I "have" clothes to wear and that my family doesn't know what "going hungry" means, I have a tendency to just "gloss" over it. So, instead of "glossing" over the months where candy and the bird run together, I wanted to take the time to share what I am truly thankful for.
 
Here's to Day One: I am thankful for insulin.
 
When I was five, I was blessed with Type I Diabetes. I remeber going to Diabetes Camp when I was six and receiving an oversized "Pigs are Precious" t-shirt. You see, back then, my insulin came from those precious little oinkers.
 
At the age of six, I took a small stand and decided that since pigs were keeping me alive, then I wouldn't eat them. lol. I'm sure that Wilbur and all of his piggie friends were relieved.
 
Fortunately, modern medicine has made enormous growth and I no longer use insulin derived from pigs, but rather insulin developed in a lab.
 
No matter where my insulin came from, it has always kept me alive and for that...I am truly thankful.
 
 
 
Lorie

No comments:

Post a Comment