facebookrsspinterest

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day Seven: A re-commitment to myself

I can't believe it...I've made it seven whole days of giving thanks for lots of different people and things in my life.

Today, I'm taking a moment to be thankful for fresh starts.

It's not really a secret - I've been quite the slacker the past few months in regards to my eating habits and my exercise activity. There's no excuse really, although I'm sure that I could blame it on my vacation in September.

Instead of continuing down the road of unheathy heating, oversized portions and a sedintary lifestyle, I decided to re-commit to myself today. I deserve to be healthy and fit...dammit!

So...I checked in at FF Anonymous, have logged everything that I have put into my pie hole, and have committed to going out for a run this evening.

While searching Google today for a little inspiration, I ran across this:

Every time that I run, I always feel like I can't breathe and that I'm going to die. lol. This just proves that running is as much of a mental sport as it is physical.

So...I've psyched myself up and I'm going to "keep going". As a matter of fact, I've decided that the only way that I would really push myself was to sign up for a race. On April 7, 2013, I am running my first half marathon.

Duh, duh, duh......dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I want to do it. I know that I can do it. I just need a little motivation.

Well...lucky for me, my motivation comes in the shape of a little oval sticker that says 13.1. That's right folks...I want the fucking sticker for my car. I don't care what my time is or if I have to crawl across the finish line. I am going to finish and I am going to put that stupid sticker on my car!

So...here's to training for the next four months. Let's hope that I don't croak in the process!
 
Lorie

2 comments:

  1. I got my sticker :) Now go get yours! One step at a time...one foot in front of the other...good days, bad days...all for one goal! Cross that finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know and I am SO proud of you!!! :) Thank you for the constant motivation and inspiration. I adore you and will get my sticker in April. It will only prepare me for our mud run in August. xoxo

    ReplyDelete