facebookrsspinterest

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

What day are we on anyway?

I know...I know. I've missed a few days. To be honest, I'm not really sure where I left off, so...I'll just pick up here.
Day 12: Today and everyday, I am thankful for my Ellie Bean!
Ellie is my three year old, independent, strong-willed child. She is a complete mini-me: fiercely independent, wild, absolutely hilarious, very opinionated, doesn't know a stranger, full of sass and doesn't really mind putting you in your place when need be.
My mom just laughs and says that she is me through and through. I didn't know if I really believed her until I saw her give me a look that I know that I give. Then it hit me, "Shit! I'm in for a world of trouble!"
And then there are those moments, like this morning, where she comes bouncing into our bedroom at 7:04 am singing, "Mommy! Mommy! Mommmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!" With one swift scoop of my arms, I picked her up, swung her around, and listend to her full belly laugh. A laugh that I hope that I will remember forever.
She is my sunshine, my Ellie Bean and everything in between. I love you Bean and I am so thankful that you chose me to be your mommy.
P.S.  She totally laughs just like me. Can't you almost hear her?
 
Lorie

No comments:

Post a Comment