facebookrsspinterest

Friday, November 9, 2012

Okay...so I skipped a day

I know...I know. I skipped a day. I was thankful for something - promise! I even wrote it on my FB page. Unfortunately, I just didn't feel like blogging about it. So...in case you were wondering, on day eight, I was thankful for the ability to ask for strength. Lucas' parent/teacher conferences were last night and I needed all of the strength that I could summon.
 
ANYWAY...on to Day Nine!!!
 
Today, I am thankful for the ability to own my own business - Persnickety's Resale Fashion Boutique. There is something magical about owning your own brick and mortar store.
 
I'm completely enchanted with the color scheme. I fall in love with our window display every time that I look at it. Over the past year, we've come to know and love our customers like our own family. And of course...I heart that adorable "boutique boy" that knows everything there is to know about our business.
 
I am uterly thankful and blessed that we are able to live the American dream and show our children what owning a business is like - the good, the bad, and the ugly that comes with it. It's so important for Lucas and Ellie to know and understand that with hard work and persistance, owning a local community establishment is totally feasible.
 
I feel blessed that we able able to connect with our community by offering the trendiest and funkiest children's clothing and accessories at affordable prices. What I find humbling and truly amazing, is that in turn, we have been bleesed by the members of our community. We have been welcomed with open arms and have become a "family" of sorts.
 
And for that...I am truly thankful.
 
 
Lorie

2 comments:

  1. Aww I dunno what to say but I quite love this post :) You're a humble person and thats all is needed to lead a great life :)
    Noor~

    http://noorslense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Noor! We had made giant sacrifices in order to own our piece of the American dream. We are so thankful to those that are committed and dedicated to shopping local.

    To be thankful and humbled by this incredible opportunity is truly greatest gift.

    Xoxo ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete